Summer Move Out at the University Lofts and Patton Hall: Saturday, July 31 by 12 p.m. (noon) if not staying for Fall housing
All residents are required to vacate their residence halls 24-hours after their last exam. All Summer Success Academy residents in Patton Hall and Summer Housing residents not approved to stay for August Housing will be moved out no later than Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 12 p.m.
Please complete a cleaning agreement using the instructions below. If a cleaning agreement is not submitted for your unit, any cleaning charges will be split among all residents of the unit
- Make sure all belongings have been removed from the room – all drawers, cabinets, shelves, etc. are empty and clean (you will not have access to rooms upon checking out, don’t forget anything!)
- Remove garbage in or around the room and sweep and wipe all surfaces and floors
- Leave air conditioner running on 70 degrees cool
- Complete all cleaning tasks on the cleaning agreement. If cleaning agreements are not submitted, any cleaning charges will be split among all residents of the unit
- Return your assigned room key, and access card by completing an Express Checkout envelope located near your community front desk
- Return your mailbox key (if assigned) to the mailroom, and if the mailroom is closed, include the mailbox key in your express checkout envelope
- Make sure you have moved out all of your belongings before returning your keys, you will not be allowed re-entry to your space after keys are returned
The University Lofts parking deck gates will be open Wednesday, July 28 through Saturday, July 31, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. On these days after 5 p.m., those without a parking pass will not have access to the parking deck. It is suggested that family or friends helping you move, park their vehicles in the city pay parking lot across the street from the University Lofts front entrance. Do not park your vehicle in the Grady Oncology parking lot next to the Lofts, as it will be towed.
August Housing is available for individuals who desire to stay in University Housing beyond July 31 until their Fall 2021 room assignment is accessible. To be eligible for August Housing, you must have a confirmed Fall 2021 housing room assignment. In order to participate in August housing, you must complete the application in your MyHousing portal by Monday, July 26 at 12 p.m. Individuals on the waitlist as well as all Summer Success Academy participants will not be approved for August Housing and must move out of their summer assignment by the July 31 deadline.
Individuals who are approved for August Housing may move to their Fall 2021 space on Saturday, August 7 starting at 9 a.m. and must be moved out of their Summer spaces with express checkout envelope completed no later than Sunday, August 8 at 12 p.m. (noon). Proceed directly to your Fall 2021 residence hall lobby to retrieve your room key and access card on August 7.
Note if you have applied and been approved for August Housing, you will receive an email with specific move around instructions. If you have questions about the status of your August Housing application, please contact the University Housing Office (404) 413-1800 or email email@example.com with the subject line “August 2021 Housing”.