Move In & Move Out
Maymester 2018 Closing
All (Maymester Only) residents are required to vacate their residence halls 24-hours after their last exam. All (Maymester Only) residents will be moved out no later than Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 12 p.m. We will be conducting two different check out systems. Centralized Checkout will occur on the following dates/times. This has been organized to provide you with a speedy and efficient checkout experience. We encourage you to perform your move out during these times when our front desk staff is increased and more available. The second option is checking out at the community desk at any time that is not during the centralized check out times.
Saturday, June 2nd from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Maymester Only)
We will have move-in/out bins available on the following dates/times. Move-in bins can be rented from the centralized checkout location in your residence hall. If you prefer not to utilize these bins or in case of bins being in use when you arrive, please plan to also bring something of your own to use to assist you with your move out process. Please note that we have limited bins.
Bin Rental Checkout
- June 1: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- June 2: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- June 3: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
How to Formally Checkout of Your Room
- All belongings have been removed from the room – all drawers, cabinets, shelves, etc. are empty and clean (you will NOT have access to rooms upon checking out, don’t forget anything!)
- Remove garbage in or around the room and sweep and wipe all surfaces and floors
- Leave air conditioner running on 70 degrees cool
- Complete all cleaning tasks on the cleaning agreement. All cleaning agreements are due to your RA by May 30, 2018 and if cleaning agreements are not turned in any cleaning charges will be split among all residents of the room
- Return your assigned room key, mailroom key (if assigned), and access card at check out
Parking Deck and After-Hours Checkout
If you decide to checkout after the centralized checkout hours listed above, please follow the procedures below:
- Piedmont Central: The courtyard gate will be open June 2 through June 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. After the closing time, you will not have access to the driveway to load your vehicle. After loading, you will need to relocate your car to a local city pay parking lot if you do not have your own access to the parking deck. You can then proceed to the Piedmont Central main entrance and check out at the Piedmont Central community desk.
- University Lofts: The parking deck gates will be open on June 1 through June 3 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. On these days after 8 p.m., those without a parking pass will not have access to the parking deck. It is suggested that family or friends helping you move, park their vehicles in the city pay parking lot across the street from the Lofts. Do not park your vehicle in the Grady Oncology parking lot next to the building, as it will be towed.
Summer 2018 Move-In
University Lofts will open on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 8 a.m. You may move into your new residence hall assignment beginning at 8:00 a.m. We encourage you to complete your move by 8 p.m. on Sunday, June 3, as most resources to help your move in experience positive will not be available after 8 p.m.
Piedmont Central will open on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 9 a.m. You may move into your new residence hall assignment beginning at 9:00 a.m. We encourage you to complete your move by 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 3, as most resources to help your move in experience positive will not be available after 8 p.m.
Move-in bins can be rented from University Housing for a charge. University Housing uses this program as a fundraiser for student activities throughout the academic year. However, please plan to also bring something of your own to use to assist you with your move in process. Please note that we have limited bins.
When you first arrive, you’ll notice that the unloading zones may be busy. If necessary, University staff may be present to help guide you to the proper unloading locations in the parking decks. Please be patient, and the housing staff will do everything we can to help you get to the unloading and check-in area. For unloading, please report to the University Lofts parking deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave) and Piedmont Central Courtyard (entrance on John Wesley Dobbs).
|University Lofts Summer 2018 Check-In:||Piedmont Central 2018 Check-In:|
|June 3, 2018 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.||June 2, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
Please drive slowly through the parking decks; there will be lots of people busily unloading their vehicles. Once you arrive at the unloading area, we request that the student be the only person who checks-in at the community desk/lobby area while the driver secures a parking place to unload from. Please have your panther ID or photo ID handy.
We are requesting that unloading be completed in one hour for student vehicles that are not registered to park in student parking decks.
After Hours Check-In
If you arrive during the designated check-in hours (8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.), please follow these procedures: After 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, you will not have access to the parking deck. Local pay parking is available within close proximity of the University Lofts and Piedmont Central residence hall. Go to the front door and knock. The desk staff will provide you with your apartment key and access card. After unloading, you will need to park your vehicle at the pay lot across the street for the night if you do not have your own access to the parking deck.
To register for Summer Housing, please login to the MyHousing portal. This is separate from Maymester housing. The priority deadline for Summer Housing is May 21, 2018 but the application will remain open throughout the summer.