Weapons are prohibited in University Housing. The possession of a valid firearms permit, or license to carry a concealed weapon, does not exempt students from the provisions of this policy. This is a zero tolerance policy and violation of this policy will result in removal from University Housing, cancellation of the Housing contract, and may also result in criminal and/or student conduct charges. Prohibited weapons include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Firearm or weapon whether operable or inoperable as defined in Georgia Code Section 16-11-127.1 or any object of like character, including but not limited to paintball guns, BB guns, potato guns, airsoft guns or any device which propels a projectile of any kind;
- Any dangerous weapon, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, shotgun or silencer as defined in Georgia Code Section 16-11-121;
- Any bacteriological weapon, biological weapon, destructive device, detonator, explosive, incendiary, overpressure device or poison gas as defined in Georgia Code Section 16-7-80;
- Any explosive materials as defined in Georgia Code Section 16-7-81;
- Any hoax device, replica of a destructive device or configuration of explosive materials with the appearance of a destructive device, including but not limited to, fake bombs, packages containing substances with the appearance of chemical explosives or toxic materials; or
- Any decorative, switch blade, gravity or machete knives, chukka sticks, billy clubs/night sticks, blackjacks, metal knuckles, slingshots or axes. A pocket knife with a blade over 2 (two) inches long is considered a weapon.