Unauthorized Solicitation:Promoting, recruiting, fundraising, or selling of a product, service, or program, without the written permission of University Housing. University Housing Staff:Full-time university staff working in the residence halls (e.g. RHD, AHD, or Assistant Director (AD) for that area) or the University Housing Office
1. The Residence Hall Association (RHA), the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH), Student Staff (RAs, PAs, FYRE Mentors), and University Housing Staff may solicit with their supervisor’s or advisor’s permission.
2. Solicitation is limited to specific areas in and around residence halls. Approved places to solicit will vary from hall to hall, but must be approved fourteen (14) days in advance by the RHD, AHD, or Assistant Directors (AD) for that area. Space reservations can be made after receiving approval, not beforehand. Please contact the residence hall staff for the designated areas in each hall.
3. To be approved to solicit in and around residence halls, a written request must be submitted for approval to the University Housing Staff member connected to the event, or to the RHD, AHD, or Assistant Director (AD) in charge of the location where the solicitation is to occur.
4. Door-to-Door solicitation is limited to University Staff only.
5. Here are specific rules and conditions regarding solicitation in and around the residence halls:
a. No more than two (2) people are allowed to solicit at one time, under an approved request
b. No solicitation may occur before 9:00 a.m. nor after 8:00 p.m., unless otherwise approved
c. Solicitation is limited to four (4) hours per day under an approved request, unless otherwise approved
d. Solicitation may not occur directly in front of building entrances or room/office doors
e. Solicitation must not interfere with students’ safety, security, or personal living space
f. If a student or staff member objectsto being personally solicited, then the solicitor must comply with the request
g. Failure to comply with a University Staff member request will result in removal from the residence hall (or possible future requests being denied)
h. All advertising must comply with the University Housing posting policy (see Posting Policy)
i. Length of time and explanation must be provided with the written request
6. University Housing encouragesindividuals and organizations wishing to sell, solicit, or advertise products and services to the Georgia State University community to visit the Student Center East information desk. As Georgia State University students, all residents may take advantage of such opportunities while on campus.
7. Residents are not permitted to operate a private business in any area of University Housing property or use the University Housing mailing address, Ethernet connection, or telephone for that purpose.
In an effort to assist chartered student groups and University departmentsin making residents aware of events and services on campus, University Housing staff will post approved posters and flyers about such events/services. All flyers/posters must be pre‐approved by University Housing. To obtain approval, please submit advertisementsto the University Housing office, located in 75 Piedmont NE, Suite 110.
1. In order to post flyers/posters in the residence halls you must be a chartered student group, a university department, or University Housing Staff at Georgia State University.
2. Here are specific rules and conditions regarding posting in and around the residence halls:
a. Flyers/Posters should clearly state the name of the group or department sponsoring the event or services advertised.
b. No commercial activities may be advertised except for University events(e.g., GSU Night at the Aquarium).
c. Flyers that encourage the violation of law or University policy, the consumption of alcohol or other drugs are prohibited.
d. We may choose not to approve flyers/posters with no end date or that are meant to be posted on an ongoing basis.
e. Flyers/posters may only be placed on designated posting locations. Posting on walls in hallways or stairwells is prohibited.
f. We reserve the right not to approve non-standard items (e.g. that fall outside the parameters of typical flyers/posters, such as three‐dimensional objects, posters that are larger than the standard size, posters that are made of non‐paper products, etc.).
g. Posting is subject to space availability at the time of submission and is not guaranteed.
3. Flyers/posters meeting the above guidelines should be delivered to the University Housing at 75 Piedmont NE, Suite 110, for review as follows:
a. Flyers/Posters should be delivered, no later than 14 working days prior to the event being advertised. (Submit them sooner if extended advertising time is desired.)
b. University Housing does not provide copy or printing services. You must provide all Flyers/Posters and they must be arranged in packets before delivery to University Housing.
c. If you want flyers/posters displayed only in general areas of the residence halls, please submit no more than 10 flyers.
d. If you want a flyer/posters posted on every floor, you will need 88 total posters. Please note that space is limited; therefore, posting on every floor is subject to availability.
Please assemble flyers into separate, labeled packets (specific numbers for each residence hall as follows):
- University Commons Hall A – 15
- University Commons Hall B – 12
- University Commons Halls C & D – 16
- University Lofts – 14
- Patton Hall – 10
- Greek Housing – 1
- Piedmont North A – 14
- Piedmont North B – 14
- Piedmont Central - 10
4. Large poster boards (for easels) may be posted in hall lobbies. University Housing has 5 halls/complexes with lobbies.
- Any organization wishing to advertise using large poster boards on easels must provide a poster board for each hall (total of 5) in order to advertise equally to all of our residents.
- Organizations will not be able to choose specific halls in which to post the large poster boards
- Boards must be submitted to 75 Piedmont NE, Suite 110 for approval at least 14 working days prior to the event.
- To ensure that your poster boards are posted, organizations need to supply their own easels that are labeled with organization name and a contact number.
5. Chartered student groups and University departments may request to advertise on our TVs located in the lobbies of each hall.
- Advertisements must be submitted electronically through the Visix Listserv (Visix@Listserv.gsu.edu).
- The ad must be in jpg or png format and the orientation must be landscape, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- The following must be included in the listserv posting request:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Campuses (e.g., Atlanta, Decatur, Dunwoody, etc.)
6. University Housing has two marquee signs (University Commons and Piedmont North). If University organizations or departments are interested in advertising on this medium, inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. There will be a charge associated with the use of marquee signs.