- Residents who are under 21 (minors) may not consume or possess alcoholic beverages in accordance with state and local laws and the policies of the University.
- Residents who are 21 years of age or older may possess, store and consume alcoholic beverages in their apartment, suite and room. However, alcohol may not be possessed, stored or consumed in the presence of minors.
Examples of the presence of a minor include but are not limited to the following:
- Minor assigned to bedroom with resident 21 years of age or older;
- Minor assigned to apartment/suite and alcohol where possessed, stored or consumed in common areas;
- Minor is present, or visiting, an apartment where alcohol is possessed, stored or consumed in commons areas.
3.The consumption of alcohol is prohibited in any public space such as hallway, lounge, study room, parking decks or on the University Housing grounds.
4. University Police or Residence Life staff will require underage residents to empty open or sealed alcohol containers, whether full or otherwise, found in public areas, private bedrooms or apartment common areas.
5. Alcohol bottles/containers are not permitted to be used as decoration regardless of the age of the resident.
6. The possession, use, distribution, sale or manufacture of illegal drugs/narcotics is prohibited by State law and University policy. The resident is subject to criminal prosecution as well as University disciplinary proceedings.
7. Possession of drug paraphernalia is not permitted on University Housing premises.