- All residents are expected to comply with evacuation procedures. Failing to evacuate the residence hall during an emergency or when directed by housing staff or fire department personnel is prohibited and a violation under the State of Georgia and City of Atlanta laws.
- Tampering with any fire safety equipment, including, but not limited to: pull stations, alarms, fire extinguishers, exit lights, smoke detectors and sprinkle systems is strictly prohibited and is a criminal offense under the State of Georgia and City of Atlanta laws.
- Tampering with or damaging mobility and hearing impaired equipment (i.e. door knockers, bells, lights, door arms, etc.) is prohibited.
- Candles, incense and items with open flames and exposed heating elements are not permitted.
- Artificial and live trees are permitted in apartments but not in bedrooms and must be approved by your RHD/AHD if over 4’ tall. Live trees must be watered on a regular basis. Decorative lights may be turned on only when a resident is in the apartment. Live trees are not permitted in Patton Hall, Piedmont Central, or Piedmont North.
- All trees and holiday decorations must be removed within seven days of the holiday.
- Synthetic and natural materials will burn rapidly. These materials may only be used as a decoration against a wall if they have been treated with a fire-retardant material (flame proofing) and are so labeled. No material may ever be hung from a ceiling or from any exposed overhead structures.
- Halogen lamps and extension cords are not allowed on Housing premises. Use energy saving light bulbs and power strips/surge protectors. All lights/cords must be in good condition and be UL certified.
- The residence halls have limits on electrical systems. Overloading the circuits can result in tripped circuit breakers and can present a fire hazard. Any damage caused by personal electrical equipment or misuse of the system is the financial responsibility of the resident, including damage to the facility and/or other residents’ personal belongings.
- Refrigerators for bedrooms are permitted provided they do not exceed 4.4 total cubic feet.
- 11. Residents in the University Loftsare permitted to bring microwaves, as University Housing does not provide them. Microwaves are provided in public areas in Patton Hall, Piedmont North and Piedmont Central and in each University Commons apartment.
- Privately owned air conditioners are not permitted. Window fans are discouraged and should only be used when the resident is present.
- Washers and dryers are not permitted in resident apartments.
- Irons must only be used with ironing boards and irons should never be left unattended.
- Space heaters are not permitted.
- No weapons, decorative or otherwise, are permitted in University housing facilities.
- All cooking is limited to the kitchen.
- Multiple outlet plugs that insert into an outlet are not permitted.
- All residents must abide by any and all parking regulations:
a.Residents are not permitted to sell a university-issued parking hang tag to another individual.
b. Falsifying information on a parking application is prohibited.
c. Residents should always have their parking permits visibly displayed in their vehicles
d. At no time should residents block exits, double-park or park illegally with their vehicles.
- No person may take property belonging to the University, University Housing, any resident, student or visitor. Residents are expected to return found items to the University police or the community desk. Residents found in possession of items reported as lost or stolen are subject to charges of theft regardless of manner of acquisition.
- The accidental, willful or intentional destruction, misuse or abuse of Housing property or the personal property of other residents is prohibited.
- Holding entrance/exit gates or doors open for non-residents is not permitted. Exterior doors providing access to University Housing facilities are not to be propped.
- Residents are expected to remove their own trash from the residence hall using the provided trash chutes. If a trash chute is clogged, residents should find an alternate chute and report the issue to facilities. Large trash items should be carried to the dumpsters.
- Bicycles are to be stored in designated locations and are not to be secured in public areas or in evacuation/ egress areas. Residents are not permitted to ride their bicycles in pedestrian common spaces.
- “Flyering” is strictly prohibited.
- Personal transportation devices, which include, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters, electric scooters/mopeds, battery-operated scooters/mopeds, gas-powered scooters/mopeds and segways, are prohibited inside the residence halls.
- Personal routers are prohibited in the University Commons, Piedmont Central and Patton Hall.