Thoughtful consideration and common courtesy among roommates and neighbors are essential to your enjoyment of life in University Housing. As a resident of University Housing, you are entitled to the following basic rights:
- The right to live in a clean and functional residence hall and room.
- The right to study and sleep in your room without undue interference or unreasonable noise.
- The right to free access to your room without pressure from a roommate.
- The right to expect that roommates and their guests will treat your personal belongings respectfully.
- The right to privacy in your room, except as limited by your Housing Contract, University policy or applicable law
- The right to be free from fear, intimidation and physical or emotional harm.
- The right to be treated respectfully by University Housing staff.
- The right to seek redress of grievances.