1. As a part of Georgia State University, University Housing is an extension of the academic environment that exists on campus. During quiet hours, noise should not be heard between apartments, between bedrooms, or between the common areas and the bedrooms to the extent that is humanly possible given the community design of the facilities. Quiet hours apply to the entire complex including the grounds. Noise, conversations, or music from the grounds should not be heard by or disturb residents in their bedrooms or apartment. To support this living and learning environment, the following quiet hours are enforced:
- Sunday-Thursday 10:00 p.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday 1:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m
- Final Exam Period 24 hours a day
2. Courtesy Hours are in effect 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Residents are expected to comply with the reasonable requests of fellow residents or Housing staff members and go about their activities in a quieter manner.
3. Audible amplification (electrical or otherwise) of any musical instrument is not permitted within the residence halls. Headphones are recommended when using equipment that may be disruptive to others. With the exception of University Housing sponsored or approved events; noise, music or activities on University Housing premises should not be so loud as to disrupt other residents. Music should not be played at a level where it disturbs other residents. Residents are expected to communicate with their neighbors and discuss unacceptable noise behavior prior to contacting a University Housing staff member to address the violation.