- The university is continuing to follow guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Georgia Department of Public Healthand the University System of Georgia to support the health and safety of our community.
- I am encouraged to wear a mask based on my preference and assessment of personal risk. I am encouraged to continue practicing good hand hygiene by washing hands often with soap and water for a least 20 seconds or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol, to avoid close contact with people who are sick, to stay home if I am feeling sick and contact the University Health Center regarding my symptoms, to cover my nose and mouth with a tissue or my sleeve when coughing or sneezing, to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- It is the expectation of GSU that I act responsibly and with the best interests of the community and of public health. I am strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and/or boosted prior to my move in date. I am also encouraged to take a COVID-19 test prior to my move-in date.
- As a result of the pandemic, I understand adjustments may be made to current university practices, policies, procedures and to the Community Living Guide. I will be expected to comply with any such adjustments. Failure to adhere to adjustments may result in disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from GSU.
- GSU will continue to review and follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, State and local health authorities and the University System of Georgia; however, GSU cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19 while living in on-campus facilities. Living on campus could increase the risk of contracting any contagious illness simply due to the dense populations in the residence halls and because I maybe sharing bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
- I understand and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while I am residing in on-campus housing and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from my actions, omissions, or negligence or the actions, omissions or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, GSU employees, other residents, guests or vendors.