Thank you for your interest in becoming a resident assistant (RA). Residents assistants play an essential role in the residence life program here at Georgia State University. Being a resident assistant (RA) will challenge students to grow both personally and professionally. The experiences students gain in this role will no doubt serve them well for the rest of their lives, no matter what career path they choose.
University Housing and the Student Staff Search Committee are committed to selecting the most qualified applicants for programming assistant positions. Please refer to the Resident Assistant Job Description document on the left hand side of the page for more information on the qualifications and requirements for the resident assistant position. Visit eRezLife to see posting/application availability.
General Qualifications to Apply for Resident Assistant Positions:
- Maintained a 2.75 cumulative grade point average and 2.5 semester grade point average
- Carry a course load of 12 credit hours a semester minimum and 18 credit hours a semester maximum
- Be in good academic, judicial and financial standing with University Housing and Georgia State University
- Completed or are completing the Panther L.E.A.P. (Leadership, Engagement, Achievement, Pride) program
- Experience living on campus for at least one year is preferred
How To Apply:
Visit eRezLife to create an account for more details on the RA position and for access to complete the application. Do not apply if you have not completed or are not currently completing Panther L.E.A.P.
Follow these steps to create an account on eRezLife:
- Go to eRezLife
- Select the green Create Account button.
- Fill out the required personal information fields and select register account.
- An email with the subject eRezLife Account Confirmation will be sent to the Georgia State University student email. Open the email and select the highlighted link. The account has been registered.
- An email with the subject eRezLife System Access will be sent to the Georgia State University student email. Open the email, write down the username and select the highlighted link.
- Create a password on the new page.
- Go to eRezLife and sign in with the username and password
Students who are selected as a staff member should note that the training and move in dates listed on the left hand side of the page are not negotiable and require a full time commitment.