University Housing is excited to welcome all new and returning Panthers to campus for Fall 2019! We hope your summer was full of relaxation, fun, and excitement. Now, it’s time to get in gear! Are you wondering how to make your move-in process as smooth as possible? Here are a few things you need to remember:
The Basics 101:
- Meal plans are required for all students living in Patton Hall, Piedmont Central, and Piedmont North Residence Halls. Students who wish to purchase a meal plan for the 2018-2019 academic year can choose between an unlimited 7-Day Meal Plan and an unlimited 5-Day Meal Plan. More information on this “all you can eat” dining experience can be found at Panther Dining.
- All residence halls are equipped with front load washers and dryers. These are made available to student residents free of charge.
- There are several types of transportation available for students to travel throughout the campus and surrounding city: Panther Express, Zipcar, Bicycles, MARTA, and the GRTA Commuter Service.
More information about University Housing Amenities can be found at Housing Amenities section under Campus Living.
Packing and Roommate 101:
Have you reached out to your roommate? Try coordinating with your roommates to cut the cost of moving in half. All residence hall bedrooms are furnished with a bed, dresser, desk and desk chair, but here are some things you can consider sharing:
- Kitchen Items-
- Pots and pans, dishes, utensils, tablecloths and place mats
- Lamps for nighttime studying
- Microwaves and mini-refrigerators
- TVs and DVD Players
- Cleaning supplies
- Vacuum cleaner, brooms, mops, and disinfecting agents
The Experience 101:
University Housing is more than a place to rest your head. It is a unique experience full of opportunities for creating relationship, professional development, and self-exploration. We believe that student learning happens both in and outside of the classroom. Through community engagement and educational strategies, we hope to ensure a one of a kind living experience. We encourage residents to immerse themselves in everything University Housing has to offer. Students can look forward to engaging programming including movie screenings, open mic nights, dance parties, and educational speakers.
Are you ready to embark on the University Housing experience? Community living is just around the corner. We look forward to seeing you soon. On your mark. Get set. Go!