Calling all first year residential students! Join us for Camp FYRE, a 3 day, 2 night orientation to University Housing and Georgia State University. Camp FYRE is an opportunity to get to know other incoming first year students, tour campus early and learn the ins and outs of what it means to be a student at Georgia State University! Camp FYRE costs $100 and participants will need to apply and pay the $100 fee by July 20, 2018. The $100 fee covers: early arrival fees, meals, swag, t-shirts and experiences in Atlanta. Students who participate in Camp FYRE will move into their fall 2018 room assignment on Sunday, August 12 (2 days before all campus move-in). Participants will choose from one of three experiences for day 2. Experiences include:
- Experience Atlanta
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium, CNN Center, and the World of Coca-Cola Museum and more!
- White Water Rafting
- Participants take a white water rafting trip with a trained water tour guide and lunch!
- Heritage Atlanta
- Visit the Center for Human and Civil Rights, Fox Theater, Martin Luther King National Park and more!
- In addition to the experiences, Camp FYRE participants will also have the opportunity to experience the following:
- Meeting faculty and staff
- A current Georgia State University student as your small group leader
- Campus tour
- Campus traditions
- Building lasting friendships and memories!
For the last 3 years, 100% of Camp FYRE participants said they would recommend Camp FYRE to incoming first year students! We hope to see you there! Go to MyHousing to signup today!