Georgia State University Housing Wins NRHH Award
Join us in congratulating University Housing on winning its first national Of the Month (OTM) award in September! We would like to congratulate Residence Hall Association (RHA) Vice President Jasmyn Monteiro for winning Student of the Month. This nomination was made by Itasha Smith, University Commons A Resident Assistant and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) Executive Director, who has also written two other winning regional OTMs for the months of July and August. We are honored and humbled to receive such a high level of recognition.
The Royal Flame chapter of the NRHH is proud to recognize so many leaders in our residence halls. OTMs provide much needed recognition for the valuable efforts and contributions of the many student leaders in University Housing. Whether recognizing a single leader, a group of leaders or an effective program hosted by leaders, an OTM serves to congratulate and acknowledge the positive accomplishments while encouraging continued effort and even greater achievement.
NRHH is the premiere honorary supported by the leading international organization, National Association of College and University Residence Halls, Incorporated (NACURH), advocating for the interests and welfare of residence hall students, while also providing opportunities for their personal growth and development. NRHH strives to provide recognition for individuals who have contributed to the advancement of college and university housing. It ensures the advancement of member chapters through resource sharing, programming and leadership development opportunities to contribute and support the vision of NACURH.
We are also excited to announce the regional OTM winners for University Housing, within the South Atlantic Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (SAACURH):
- August 2015
- Patton Hall Senior Resident Assistant, Jamika King and Programming Assistant, Korey Alsbrooks for Diversity Program of the Month for their Cupcake Party program (nominated by Itasha Smith)
- University Commons D Resident Assistant, Alexandria Amadasun for Passive Program of the Month for her August bulletin board (nominated by Terrence Glaspy)
- September 2015
- University Commons Building C Resident Assistant, Leonardo Rodriguez for Passive Program of the Month for his “Healthy Living” Bulletin Board (nominated by Terrence Glaspy)
- RHA Vice President, Jasmyn Monteiro, Student of the Month (nominated by Itasha Smith)
- October 2015
- University Lofts, Passive Program of the Month for their Month of Kindness program (nominated by Erin Burt, DeOndra Fletcher and Jessica Walker)
In addition to these regional and national winners, University Housing won 10 Peach Awards for the month of September and 13 Peach Awards for October. Peach Awards are recognized through our state association, Georgia Residence Hall Organization (GRHO).
University Housing would like to thank all of our wonderful student and professional staff for developing such wonderful programmatic opportunities for our students and for the writers of our OTM nominations. Thank you for representing University Housing within the SAACURH region and the state of Georgia! We look forward to many more regional and national wins in the future. Go Panthers!