Move In/Move Out
Welcome Home! We are excited that you will be living with us during the upcoming academic year. All students are assigned a move in period based on your confirmed housing assignment. You will receive an email in late July / early August via your Georgia State University student account confirming your move-in date and time. For your convenience, we have made a print version of the Move In Handout Fall 2015 schedule available.
If you are unable to move in at the scheduled times listed in the Move In Handout Fall 2015, you may also move in between Friday, August 21 through Sunday, August 23.
All students have until the first day of classes on Monday, August 24 at 9 a.m. to check in to their residence hall assignment before being considered a “no show.” If you plan to arrive after that time, please contact University Housing at 404-413-1800.
When you first arrive, you will notice there will be many students in unloading zones preparing to move in. University Housing staff and volunteers will guide you to the proper unloading locations in the parking decks and will provide assistance in guiding you to check in areas. We know that this is an exciting time for you and your family; as a staff we will do everything we can to help you get moved in to your new home. For unloading, please report to the following locations:
- University Commons: Commons Parking Deck (entrance on John Wesley Dobbs Ave)
- Piedmont North: Piedmont North Parking Deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave NE)
- University Lofts, Patton Hall, Greek Housing: Lofts Parking Deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave NE)
Please drive slowly through the parking decks; there will be lots of people busily unloading their vehicles. Once you arrive at the unloading area, we request that the student be the only person who checks-in at the Community Desk / Lobby area while the driver secures a parking place to unload from. Please have a photo ID (Panther ID preferably for students) handy to facilitate the check in process.
We are requesting that unloading be completed in one hour. The Residence Hall Association (RHA) will have a limited number of large bins available for $15/hour. The students use this program as a fundraiser for planning activities during the academic year. It is encouraged that you bring your own hand trucks or equipment to facilitate the move-in process.
After unloading, you will be required to move your vehicle to a local city pay parking lot. Be sure to have cash on hand to cover the public parking fee. Commons & Piedmont North Parking Permits will begin on Thursday, August 20 at 10 p.m.
After Hours Check In
If you have to arrive after the designated check-in hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), please follow the procedures below:
- Patton Hall and Greek Housing after hours check in: The Lofts parking deck gate will close at 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., you will not have access to the parking deck until the following morning. You are welcome to use the Patton Hall turnaround to drop off your belongings and will need to relocate your car to a local city pay parking lot. You can then proceed to the Patton Hall main entrance and check in at the Patton Hall community desk.
- The University Commons after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., you must use the intercom at the Parking Deck to speak to the Commons Security Officer who will provide you with temporary access to enter the parking deck. Drive up to parking level 1 (P1); enter the main double doors and the Community Desk will be on your left. You may proceed to the Community Desk and they will provide you with your apartment key and access card.
- The University Lofts after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 8pm. After 8pm, you may drive in to the parking deck and proceed to the Community Desk on the first floor. The desk staff will provide you your apartment key. After 8pm, you will not have access to the parking deck until the next morning. Temporarily park your vehicle in the city pay parking lot across the street from the Lofts. Go to the front door and knock. The desk staff will provide you with your apartment key and access card. After unloading, you will need to park your vehicle at the pay lot across the street for the night if you do not have your own access to the parking deck.
- Piedmont North after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 8 p.m. After 8 p.m., you may park temporarily in the surface lot spaces in front of Piedmont North A. You may then proceed to the Community Desk of your assigned residence hall where you will receive your key and access cards. Upon unloading, you need to relocate your car to a local city pay parking lot nearby.
If you have any questions, please call us at 404-413-1800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, continue to visit our website for the most up to date information: www.gsu.edu/housing.