Move In/Move Out
Spring 2015 Opening Information
New Residents may move in to their residence hall at 9 a.m. on Friday, January 9, 2015.
Returning residents who resided in housing during the Fall Semester may return to the residence halls for the Spring Semester on Saturday January 10, 2015 at 9 a.m.
Check In Information for New Residents:
When you first arrive, you’ll notice that the unloading zones may be busy. University staff may be present to help guide you to the proper unloading locations in the parking decks. Please be patient, and the housing staff will do everything we can to help you get to the unloading and check in area. For unloading, please report to the following locations:
- University Commons: Commons parking deck (entrance on John Wesley Dobbs Ave)
- Piedmont North: Piedmont North parking deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave)
- University Lofts, Patton Hall, and Greek Housing: Lofts parking deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave)
Please drive slowly through the parking decks; there will be lots of people busily unloading their vehicles. Once you arrive at the unloading area, we request that the student be the only person who checks in at the community desk and lobby area while the driver secures a parking place to unload from. Please have your panther ID or photo ID handy.
We are requesting that unloading be completed in one hour for student vehicles that are not registered to park in student parking decks. Patrol will begin on Friday, January 10, 2015 at 10 p.m.
We will have limited quantities of move in bins available for rental on Friday, January 9, 2015. Move in bins can be rented from the Residence Hall Association (RHA) for a charge. RHA uses this program as a fundraiser for student activities throughout the academic year. However, we also encourage you to bring your own items to assist with your move in.
After Hours Check In for New Residents:
If you arrive after the designated check in hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), please follow the procedures below:
- Patton Hall and Greek Housing after hours check in: The Lofts parking deck gate will close at 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., you will not have access to the parking deck to unload. You are welcome to use the Patton Hall turnaround to drop off your belongings and will need to relocate your car to a local city pay parking lot. You can then proceed to the Patton Hall main entrance and check in at the Patton Hall community desk.
- The University Commons after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., you must use the intercom at the Parking Deck to speak to the Commons Security Officer who will provide you with temporary access to enter the parking deck. Go to the parking level 1 (P1); enter the main double doors and the community desk will be on your left. You may proceed to the community desk and they will provide you with your apartment key and access card.
- The University Lofts after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., you will not have access to the parking deck. Temporarily park your vehicle in the city pay parking lot across the street from the Lofts. Go to the front door and knock. The desk staff will provide you with your apartment key and access car. After unloading, you will need to park your vehicle at the pay lot across the street for the night if you do not have your own access to the parking deck.
- Piedmont North after hours check in: The parking deck gate will close at 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., you may park temporarily in the surface lot spaces in front of Piedmont North A. You may then proceed to the community desk of your assigned residence hall where you will receive your key and access cards. Upon unloading, you need to relocate your car to a local city pay parking lot nearby.