Move In/Move Out
Spring 2015 Closing Information
All residence halls will close on Wednesday, May 6, 2015. All residents are required to vacate their residence halls by 12 p.m. unless you have been approved for an extension. All doors will be locked and card access will be disabled at this time. University Housing staff members will be entering student rooms to ensure that residential students have followed all closing guidelines.
Please follow these guidelines as you prepare to leave for the break:
- Follow the spring closing checklist and complete the cleaning agreement with your roommates as to who will take care of the tasks.
- Empty all trash/recycle bins – your room/apartment/floor will be held accountable for any garbage left in your room, apartment, or hallway
- Clean all rooms, common areas, floors, sinks, and countertops
- Run hot water in sinks for 5 minutes prior to leaving
- Remove all items from cabinets/storage containers
- Remove all items from refrigerator; clean the refrigerator
- Remove all belongings from room (including inside of closets, dressers, etc)
- Close all window blinds in apartment
- Set thermostat to 65 degrees
- Bedroom doors must be locked and all lights must be turned off
- All residents are expected to vacate the building according to whichever happens first:
- A) 24 hours after your last fina
- B) May 6 at 12 p.m.
- Pick up all mail in your box and any packages that you may have received from the mailroom. The last day for the mailroom to receive packages is May 7, 2014. Make sure you fill out a mail forwarding form upon checkout.
Seniors who are participating in the spring 2015 Commencement Ceremony may fill out a spring extension request to remain on campus through May 10 at 12 p.m. This form can be found at the community desk. Extension requests be submitted to your RHD by Friday, April 17 at 12 p.m.
Residents who are participating as volunteers in the spring 2015 Commencement Ceremony may fill out a spring extension request to remain on campus through May 10 at 12 p.m. This form can be found at the community desk. Extension requests be submitted to your RHD by Friday, April 17 at 12 p.m.
The University Lofts will be open for summer housing. Maymester residents will be able to move from their spring assignment to their summer assignment on May 9 and May 10 by 5 p.m. You may be contacted by a member of the summer staff regarding your transition date.
Don’t forget to properly checkout at either centralized checkout or the community desk. Failure to checkout and return your key and access card assigned to you upon arrival will result in charges. You will not have access to your room for any circumstance after May 6 at 12 p.m. so be sure to double check you have removed all belongings from your living space.
Centralized checkout is available at the following times:
- April 30, May 1, 2, 3 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- May 4, 5 – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- May 6 – 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Must return key and access card assigned to you upon arrival in order to avoid charges
- Community desk check out
- Available when centralized check out is not available
Commons and Piedmont North Parking Deck:
The University Commons Parking Deck & Piedmont North parking deck will be available for move out at the following days and times:
- April 27-May 5 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- May 6 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- All other times will be patrolled as normal