2014 – 2015 Graduate Assistant Information
Thank for your interest in the Graduate Assistantships with University Housing at Georgia State University. Below is all of the information you need to apply!
Qualified Individuals Must:
- Be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program for a minimum of 9 graduate credit hours for both fall and spring semesters.
- Have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Have previous experience and demonstrated qualities in training or leadership positions; demonstrate a willingness to accept new responsibilities and challenges while learning in the position.
- Not be in an internship during their 10 month commitment as a graduate assistant.
Please note: We prefer that individuals not be enrolled in summer classes due to training needs and position responsibilities.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply Online: Graduate Assistant Application on eRezLife
- The first time you get to this page, you will need to create an account. If you have applied for a job before with University Housing via eRezLife, you do not need to create another account, just log in!
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
- Once you activate your account, you will then receive an email with your username and password.
- **If you don’t see an email from eRezLife in your inbox, check your junk mail folder!!!
- Once you have your username and password, you can log in and officially begin the application process.
- You will only have to create an account one time!! Do not create multiple accounts!! You can use this same account to apply for other University Housing jobs posted as well.
Please remember the following:
- Complete your profile.
- Be sure to answer all questions on the online application.
- Please follow all instructions on the application.
- The online application contains a section for entering references. Upon completion of your application, references will receive an email automatically with instructions to complete the reference online for you. You will have the ability to send notifications to them throughout the selection process if you notice it has not been completed – you can do this by clicking the “send notification” button by each reference name on your application. **NOTE: be sure to notify your references that they will receive an email to complete the recommendation form for you for the GA position and the email will be from “erezlife”. They should also check their junk mail folders if it does not appear in their inbox.
- You can log back in to eRezLife to update/make changes to your GA application until the application due date.
- Applications are considered incomplete without all recommendation forms submitted so be sure to follow up with your references.
|Applications Available||Monday, February 24, 2014|
|Applications Close||Monday, March 10, 2014|
|Phone Interviews||Scheduled between March 17 and March 31, 2014|
|On Campus Interviews||Friday, April 4, 2014|
|Offers||By Friday, April 27, 2014|
|Start Date||Typical start date is July 1 – Training usually falls in mid-July for two weeks and includes an overnight retreat|
|Resident Move-In for Fall 2014||August 21-24, 2014|
|Grad School Acceptance||Must be accepted no later than June 15, 2014|
**If you are selected as a staff member, please note that the training and move-in dates are not negotiable and require a full-time commitment.For
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Shannon Corey, Chair, Student Staff Selection and Training Committee at 404-413-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
Fall 2014, GSU Housing has two anticipated GA positions vacancies. Links to the job descriptions are below.