Move In & Move Out
We are excited that you will be living with us during the upcoming academic year. All students are assigned a move in period based on their confirmed housing assignment. You will receive further information prior to your move in date.
When you first arrive, you will notice there are many students in unloading zones preparing to move in. University Housing staff and volunteers will guide you to the proper unloading locations in the parking decks and will provide assistance in guiding you to check in areas. We will do everything we can to help you get moved in to your new home.
For unloading, please report to the following locations:
- University Commons: Commons Parking Deck (entrance on John Wesley Dobbs Ave)
- Piedmont North: Piedmont North Parking Deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave NE)
- The Lofts, Patton Hall, Greek Housing: Lofts Parking Deck (entrance on Piedmont Ave NE)
Please drive slowly through the parking decks. There will be many people unloading their vehicles. Once you arrive at the unloading area, we request that the student be the only person who checks in at the community desk / lobby area while the driver secures a parking place from which to unload. Please have a photo ID (Panther ID preferably for students) handy to facilitate the check in process.
We are requesting that unloading be completed in one hour. The Residence Hall Association (RHA) will have a limited number of large bins available for $15/hour. The students use this program as a fundraiser for planning activities during the academic year. We encourage you to bring your own hand trucks or equipment to facilitate the move in process.
After unloading, you will be required to move your vehicle to a local city pay parking lot. Be sure to have cash on hand to cover the public parking fee until your parking permit is valid.
After Hours Check In
If you have to arrive after the designated check in hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), please follow the procedures below:
- Patton Hall and Greek Housing: The Lofts parking deck gate will close at 8 p.m.
- After 8 p.m., you cannot access the parking deck until the following morning.
- Use the Patton Hall turnaround to drop off your belongings.
- After unloading, park your vehicle at a local city pay parking lot.
- Proceed to the Patton Hall main entrance and check in at the Patton Hall community desk.
- After 8 p.m., use the intercom at the Parking Deck to speak to the Commons security officer.
- Security officer will provide you with temporary access to enter the parking deck.
- Drive up to parking level 1 (P1).
- Enter the main double doors.
- Proceed to the community desk on your left.
- Staff at the community desk will provide you with your apartment key and access card.
- After 8pm, you cannot access the parking deck until the next morning.
- Temporarily park your vehicle in the city pay parking lot across the street from the Lofts.
- Go to the front door and knock.
- Staff at community desk will provide you with your apartment key and access card.
- After unloading, park your vehicle at the pay lot across the street for the night if you do not have your own access to the parking deck.
- After 8 p.m., park temporarily in the surface lot spaces in front of Piedmont North A.
- Proceed to the community desk of your assigned residence hall.
- Staff at community desk will provide you with your key and access cards.
- After unloading, park your vehicle at a local city pay parking lot nearby.