Move In & Move Out
Spring 2016 Closing Information
All residence halls will close on Wednesday, May 4, 2016. All residents are required to vacate their residence halls by 12 p.m. unless you have been approved for an extension. All doors will be locked and card access will be disabled at this time. University Housing staff members will be entering student rooms to ensure that residential students have followed all closing guidelines.
Please follow these guidelines as you prepare to leave for summer break:
Follow the spring closing checklist and complete the cleaning agreement with your roommates as to who will take care of the tasks.
- Empty all trash and recycle bins. Your room, apartment and floor will be held accountable for any garbage left in your room, apartment or hallway.
- Clean all rooms, common areas, floors, sinks and countertops.
- Run hot water in sinks for 5 minutes prior to leaving.
- Remove all items from cabinets and storage containers.
- Remove all items from refrigerator; clean the refrigerator.
- Remove all belongings from room (including inside of closets, dressers, etc.).
- Close all window blinds in apartment.
- Set thermostat to 65 degrees.
- Bedroom doors must be locked and all lights must be turned off.
- All residents are expected to vacate the building according to whichever happens first:
- 24 hours after your last final
- May 4 at 12 p.m.
- Pick up all mail in your box and any packages that you may have received from the mailroom. The last day for the mailroom to receive packages is May 3, 2016. Make sure you fill out a mail forwarding form upon checkout.
Seniors who are participating in the spring 2016 commencement ceremony may fill out a spring extension request to remain on campus through May 8 at 12 p.m. This form can be found at the community desk. Extension requests should be submitted to your residence hall director (RHD) ASAP if not already submitted.
Residents who are participating as volunteers in the spring 2016 commencement ceremony may fill out a spring extension request to remain on campus through May 8, 2016 at 12 p.m. This form can be found at the community desk. Extension requests should be submitted to your residence hall director (RHD) ASAP if not already submitted.
University Lofts will be open for summer housing. Maymester residents will be able to move from their spring assignment to their summer assignment on May 7 and May 8, 2016 by 5 p.m. You may be contacted by a member of the summer staff regarding your transition date.
Don’t forget to properly checkout at either centralized checkout or the community desk. Failure to checkout and return your key and access card assigned to you upon arrival will result in charges. You will not have access to your room for any circumstance after May 4, 2016 at 12 p.m., so be sure to double check you have removed all belongings from your living space.
Centralized checkout is available April 28 – May 3, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Community desk check out is available when centralized check out is not available.
Commons and Piedmont North Parking Deck
The University Commons parking deck and Piedmont North parking deck will be available for move out at the following days and times:
- April 26 – May 3, 2016 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- May 4, 2016 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- All other times will be patrolled as normal