The Commons Market is located on the corner of J. W. Dobbs and Piedmont Ave. The Commons Market provides students with an array of products; we have everything from school supplies, snacks, energy drinks, personal hygiene products, and dinner options. The Commons Market also sells Blue and Green books, scantrons, notebooks, folders, and paper. The Commons Market accepts Credit Card and PantherCard transactions only. So stop by soon; we are sure that you will find a few items that you will like.
|Hours of Operation
Open Weekly from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Residents are issued a key that will open the apartment and bedroom door. In the event of a misplaced or lost key, students should go to the Community Desk to check out a spare key. The spare key should be returned to the Community Desk by 9:30 a.m. the next day. You may checkout a spare key three times a semester at no cost. All spare key checkouts after that will have a service charge of $50. If this key is not returned by 9:30 a.m. the next day, the key is considered lost and the student will be charged $75 for a lost key.
To check out a key, the resident must have a picture identification card. Keys are only issued to the resident of that specific room. No resident will be granted access to another resident’s room for any reason.
Lost Access Cards
Access cards are for the use of Georgia State University housing residents only. Access cards open all entrance and exit gates and the building for which you are assigned only. Misplaced or lost access cards should be reported immediately to the Community Desk so that the card can be deactivated and replaced. A replacement card costs $35.
If your card is not granting access to your authorized entry points, report the problem to the Community Desk. If you cannot gain access because of a defective card, call the Community Desk or the Police substation from an outside phone. All residents are expected to carry their card with them at all times.
Failure to report a lost card that is then used to illegally enter a building or a residence hall could result in judicial actions for the residents who failed to report the loss.
Access cards are not to be given to any other person than the person to whom they are issued.
Visitor Guest Parking
There are several metered spaces outside the parking garage located at the University Commons for paid parking. Vehicles must pay at the meter and place the receipt on their dashboard. Vehicles without a displayed receipt or an expired ticket will be towed at the owners’ expense. If you experience issues with the parking meter, please contact Larry Uphoff at 404-413-1915.
Patton Hall, Greek Housing or the University Lofts Residents
If you are a resident of the Patton Hall, Greek Housing or the University Lofts, you should contact Auxiliary Services at 404-413-9500 or go online at GSU Parking for information.
Piedmont North and University Commons Residents
Parking is available through Housing for residents at Piedmont North and the University Commons. Parking costs $400 per semester and is billed during each semester with housing fees and tuition. Motorcycle spaces are also available upon request and are billed half the rate of a car space. You must indicate on the parking application that you would like a motorcycle space.
Residents of Piedmont North and the University Commons should complete the parking application in MyHousing under the ‘Personal Preferences’ tab.
If you wish to cancel, you may do so at the Housing Office by completing a Parking Cancellation Form and turning in your parking decal if applicable. Once parking has been canceled, you will be charged for the number of days you parked plus an $80 cancellation fee.
Parking decks are secured and monitored by police 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Residents are given an access card to gain entry into their assigned deck. Illegally or improperly parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense. Contact the Housing Office or the Community Desk for information regarding your towed vehicle. Georgia State University assumes no responsibility for vehicles or protection of any vehicle or its contents at any time.
- Parking in the deck is a privilege for Housing residents.
- Due to limited spaces, we can only accommodate one vehicle per resident.
- Vehicle information on the application must be completed accurately.
- You must own a vehicle or legally possess a vehicle to be issued a parking space.
- Valid and current license plates are required for all vehicles.
- Selling of your parking access to another individual is prohibited.
- Parking decals and access cards are not transferable. Parking access is only granted to the parking applicant that received approved access to the deck.
- An access card is needed to gain access in the parking deck. If you misplace or lose your card, you must go immediately to the Community Desk to replace it. The replacement of an access card is $35. If the Community Desk is closed, the police may let you into the deck. A replacement fee for lost, damaged, or stolen parking decal is $25.
- Georgia State University Housing parking decks are designated for Housing Residents only.
- Any vehicle without a parking decal will be towed at the owner’s expense and assessed a parking penalty of $25.
Georgia State University Housing parking regulations require that every vehicle parked at the Commons or Piedmont North must be registered and have a current parking decal properly displayed in the vehicles rear window on the driver’s side. Vehicles without the decal properly displayed will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense. On the various levels of the parking decks, there are several ‘University Housing Only’ parking spaces. These spaces are for GSU HOUSING PERSONNEL ONLY. Do not park in these spaces or you will be towed at your expense.
Parking Deck Etiquette
Please observe the following:
- Be mindful of pedestrians, both in and around the decks.
- Drive slowly (5 mph) while in the parking decks.
- Observe all directional arrows and yield right-of-way.
- Please park in the center of your space and not too close to or over the lines.
- Put your headlights on while in the decks, and use turn signals to indicate when you are parking.
- Enter and exit the decks slowly. As you enter, watch the arm go down behind your vehicle. This will prevent tailgating and keep the decks secure.
- Servicing of vehicles, including oil changes and cleaning vehicles, is prohibited and illegal in the parking decks.
- DO NOT park in spaces where the curb is painted yellow, where there are NO PARKING signs, or in such a manner that obstructs the view of traffic entering or exiting the decks or driveways.
Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of parking privileges.
Parking Penalties and Parking Fines
Parking fines will be billed to your student account. Parking fines can be paid by cash and check at the Student Accounts Office, 100 Sparks Hall. Credit card and check payments are accepted by logging on to your PAWS account.
Unpaid citations will result in registration holds being placed on your student account. Persons with unpaid citation(s) at the end of the year will not be allowed to register for classes and will not be permitted to register for parking for the following year. Failure to pay fines(s) within 30 days will result in a late fee of $10.
|$10||Motorcycle Parked in an Unauthorized Area|
|$15||Improper Display of Parking Decal|
|$50||Parking in an Unauthorized Area (Reserved Spaces)|
|$15||Parking in a Loading Zone|
|$25||Vehicle without a Displayed Parking Decal (Vehicle will be Towed at Owner’s Expense)|
|$25||Altering a Parking Permit (Fraudulent Permit)|
|$90||Parking in a Fire Lane|
|$25||Parking beyond Parking Spaces (Parking in Two Spaces)|
|$50||Parking in a No Parking Zone (Vehicle will be Towed at Owner’s Expense)|
|$90||Parking in a Handicap Space without Proper State Issued Permit or Tag|
|$25||Replacement of Parking Decal|
|$80||Parking Cancellation Fee|
|$10||Late fee (Failure to Pay Fine (s) within 30 days)|