Thank you for your interest in becoming a First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) mentor. FYRE mentors play an essential role in the residence life program here at Georgia State University. Being a FYRE mentor will challenge students to grow both personally and professionally. The experiences students gain in this role will no doubt serve them well for the rest of their lives, no matter what career path they choose.
University Housing and the Student Staff Search Committee are committed to selecting the most qualified applicants for FYRE mentor positions. Please refer to the FYRE Mentor Job Description document on the left hand side of the page for more information on the qualifications and requirements for the FYRE mentor position.
General Qualifications for FYRE Mentors
- Have and maintain a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average and 2.5 Semester Grade Point Average
- Carry a course load of 12 credit hours a semester minimum and 18 credit hours a semester maximum
- Be in good academic, judicial, and financial standing with University Housing and Georgia State University
- Completed or are completing the Panther L.E.A.P. (Leadership, Engagement, Achievement, Pride) program
- Experience living on campus for at least one year is preferred
How Do I Apply?
Visit eRezLife to create an account for more details on the FYRE mentor position and access to complete the application. Students who have not completed Panther L.E.A.P. or are not a current L.E.A.P. participant are not eligible to apply.
Follow these steps to create an account on eRezLife:
- Go to eRezLife
- Select the green Create Account button.
- Fill out the required personal information fields and select register account.
- An email with the subject eRezLife Account Confirmation will be sent to the Georgia State University student email. Open the email and select the highlighted link. The account has been registered.
- An email with the subject eRezLife System Access will be sent to the Georgia State University student email. Open the email, write down the username and select the highlighted link.
- Create a password on the new page.
- Go to eRezLife and sign in with the username and password